How can he stay there?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How can he stay there?

Post  emigration on 07/03/10, 09:13 am

Convincing a friend or family member at SCC that the organization and leader is deceptive is like trying to convince a 5-year-old child who loves his parents that his father is in jail for armed robbery - he simply doesn't believe his father is dishonest. In fact, he can't tolerate the thought, since he has placed all of his security and trust in his father and mother. The truth is too fearful and devastating to consider. Therefore, to protect his source of security, he rejects the factual information as being a lie.

The same is true of the congregation at Christian Centre. He knows that if the organization and pastor is not really directed by God, he has no other tangible security to go to. This is terrifying when you have your whole life invested in the journey CCM is on. He has children of all ages or family in the web of SCC. He realizes that if he leaves he will lose someone to the organization. He says, "Where else can I go?" So he remains within the system as years go by, quenching his own spirit, continuing to ignore the barrage of factual information undermining the entire Mr. Johnson's structure. The more and more he ignores the facts, the more narrow-minded and adamant he becomes that he will never change, and he is more convinced than ever that he has the truth. He is now in the powerful remnant that will see God's glory. He digs himself into a trench, erecting all sorts of mental barricades against his real enemy, which is doubt. While this seems incredible to the person trying to reach their friends and family with the facts, it is just a simple protective mechanism, keeping the person from the trauma of losing his sense of security. In order to rationalize away the selective prophecies and inconsistencies of the organization, the doctrine of the house, the bashing of the "fallen who were never part of US", the loved one must, in effect, deceive himself into thinking there is really no discrepancy in the SCC organization or that they are being deceived.

While all Christians have their security in a spiritual relationship with the Person of Christ, Saskatoon Christian Centre members are taught to put faith in Christ (they are God loving people) , the organization, and it's leader(s). (There is no doubt that the church at 102 Pinehouse Drive is full of sincere, God loving Christians.) If they have faith in the organization,and the pastor's words, the "doctrine of the house" they have faith in God. It appears as equal. They are inseparable; so much so, that to lose faith in the churches assignment, pastor's leadership and counsel means a corresponding loss of faith in God. This is precisely why the member of CCM must protect himself through the process of self-deception. He cannot bear the pain of losing his faith. He cannot bear the thought of what he might lose if the web his life is in starts to fray.

Possibly even the pastor, elders and staff are afraid look into the deception that they created and maintain. How could they bear the thought of it being the deception themselves?

emigration

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How can he stay there?

Post  Tracie on 18/03/10, 10:20 pm

When I read the posts here they are so similar to what you read about in literature of Jim Jones and the People's Temple. When you aren't there for a really long time, you forget how crazy the place has become and how much they worship the man. It males you wonder if they'd follow him to the death if his kingdom was in jepardy. I guess over the years I'd come to think that he'd mellow out and relax his death grip on the minds and lives of people. What intense hard work it must be to be constantly trying to evolve a doctrine to maintain absolute power and control over so many people's lives.

Tracie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lookingahead on 18/03/10, 11:08 pm

Tracie - he has not mellowed out, in fact, it has gotten much, much worse. I am a long timer - was there for 20 years. As I remember how it was when we first came it is so different to how it is now. Oh the stories... the stories that noone on the inside believes. That has to be one of the most painful things... noone believes you. They think you are twisting things, lying, a rebel so what you say means nothing ... but there are just so very many stories that would make people fall over... it's sickening.

lookingahead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

deception comes in good looking forms

Post  finally free on 11/04/10, 03:59 pm

I live next door to some one who still attends SCC. They have no idea that they are being manipulated and used. They invited us to come for the Easter pageant that was being put on last weekend. I wish I could have said something to them without condemning what they believe to be true. I guess all I can do is share the truth of God's Word with them as much as they will allow, but in the end it is only by the work of the Holy Spirit that they will see the truth. Treading softly and lovingly will accomplish more than the aggressive nature that we have seen for too long in what they call church. Remember God not only Loves but He is Love and only the goodness of God brings man to repentance( a change of mind)

finally free

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 09:12 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top