Exqueese me, I think I had a chunk of wax in my ear...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Exqueese me, I think I had a chunk of wax in my ear...

Post  Guest on 18/02/10, 06:33 pm

It took me awhile to start realising that some of what was being taught from the pulpit was different than what was being preached to me in counselling sessions. Of course the counselling sessions are closed to only those directly invoved, so if you were to tell anyone what took place behind closed doors everyone else would think you were a lying idiot - and then of course they would have to report to their 'higher up' that you had been talking about leadership in a negative way.

From the pulpit everyone is told that 'You are supposed to hear God for your own life, and leadership is not here to hear God for you.'
Behind closed doors I was told 'You can only hear God a little for your life, but He only tells the specifics of your life to pastor.' (note my uncapitolized spelling of 'pastor')

This is NOT what the Bible teaches. This should be an obvious error to anyone, but of course no one who still attends SCC would think Im telling the truth of what happened. The only way they'll find out is when it happens to them, and then no one else will believe them... and the cycle continues. Arrow

Back to top Go down

True

Post  Enlightened on 23/02/10, 03:09 pm

Wow, that is so true-they would tell u to hear God for yourself, or that they weren't responsible to get u in the ministry, yet if u try to tell them that God told u to do something, they will say no if they didn't hear from God first. We were told in a counselling session that 'no-one in this church is ready yet to go out and help other churches in the ministry.'

Last edited by Enlightened on 07/03/10, 04:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Enlightened

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Why so shy??

Post  Tracie on 05/03/10, 02:57 am

Wow! I am so shocked to get a link to this forum and when I come to check it out, it's so ambiguous. I do not pretend to judge anyone, I never have since I left...well I never did like George Bush, but that's another story. So I was just shocked to see that people are still afraid to just put their name on a page and be honest, taking responsibility for their own feelings. I understand the apprehension, but at the same time, I have nothing to hide. Yes, when I left there, my life sure felt like it was hitting rock bottom, but as we all know, not even half of what you heard about yourself...after the fact was true. They take all that they can, expand on it and try to blow it up into every terrible, horrid and offensive degredation that anyone might possibly believe that you would dare to committ.

But it's allright, because their opinion truly means nothing in light of your whole life. They are nothing but a blip in the universe. Most people who even live in Saskatoon are blissfully unaware that there even exists a cult there. (I have refered to SCC as that from the day I left) Whenever I have moments that I feel angry for the wasted years or the lies they told or the inconsistancies in their behaviour, I remind myself of this: I wouldn't be where I am and have achieved what I have today had I not gone through what I did. So, I can almost say...Thanks...cause I truly know what happiness is now. The sweet just ain't as sweet without the bitter. I love my family, my daughter doesn't even remember that place. I have an amazing husband and 2 more adorable children. I have a great career that I am so proud of achieving. Of course one of the most unbelievable discoveries was that there are so... many generous, unselfish and kind people from every race and religion (and let's not forget sexual orientation) in this world who have no agenda other than the compassion in their hearts. What a surprise to find out they are not ""just like their father, THE DEVIL!! I wouldn't have met a single one had I not left SCC. So, it was all worth it every single moment! And I am proud to write my name here and let everyone know it's me. CHEERS everyone!!

Tracie

Back to top Go down

Why be anonymous?

Post  emigration on 05/03/10, 09:22 am

Tracie brings up a good point. Why are most people using "user names" ?Many people have friends and family still at SCC. We do not want to lose any chances of contact we may still have. We want to tell our story but not "discredit" ourselves if they hear of the website. They have been programed to shut off any opposing opinion of SCC. Also, some are afraid of the pastor and leaderships effect on their name. It is a very real fear with very real consequences. They assassinate your character. Tracie's was.

emigration

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exqueese me, I think I had a chunk of wax in my ear...

Post  looking on 06/03/10, 12:27 am

Tracie,
I think in time people will feel more free to post who they are and some already have. Most people on here (I think) have only left within the last year or two and still have things to work out. Also, if names appear on here it will be easier for the leaders there to discredit the stories and tell the people 'what acually happened' with that individual. Also, as the previous poster said, many people do still have family in there and the relationships are already strained due to leaving.. this would just add to that.

looking

Back to top Go down

Time to heal

Post  FreedMan on 06/03/10, 01:57 am

Tracie,
I agree with the post by Looking. Being able to share our stories is part of the healing process. Being anonymous allows us to be freer - more honest with what we say at this point in time. I too believe that in time, each of us will be able / comfortable with being totally up front with our identities. The fact that we can't - or that we feel like we can't, just speaks to the terrible control that this organisation had on us and yes to a certain degree still does. Hence the need for healing. Thanks for sharing your perspective from one who's been gone for a long time - it helps.

FreedMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

It was me...

Post  inthelight on 09/03/10, 04:05 pm

Before I had a username i posted this. Believe me im not at all shy to hide my name from this post. I sure toss back and forth the idea. The only reason I wouldn't is for the fact I may run into people who attend scc or ccc who would still talk to me and have a very superficial relationship with me, and maybe God will prompt me at the right time. I question if they read my posts and put a name to them, that they may cut our relationship off completely, as some have already as they know im 'vocal'. For the searching people I don't mind my name on here, but for the sceptics I wonder if they would shut me out. I try and use wisdom. What do you think?

inthelight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tracie on 18/03/10, 10:12 pm

My intent was not to judge anyone, God knows we've all had enough of that. It was simply to encourage people to be proud of the fact that their eyes have been opened and they can actually see that place for what it is. Outside of that tiny in-grown community, no one else even barley knows what goes on there and they sure couldn't care less what Keith Johnson or his sidekicks think. Anyway, I realized early on that whether I kept quiet (as I did by running away from the city hiding in shame for the awful things I thought people would think of me after they got up and tore me apart) or if I held my head high, not caring what they thought; they were going to crucify me either way. And as someone earlier wrote...they did just that. I can hardly believe some of the things I heard about myself and I am sure much more terrible things than that were told to people. When you are there, you choose to accept what they say cause to believe anything else would be admitting that you have been sucked in and lied to. They attempt to use threats that make us fearful of God punishing us or withdrawing his protection from us, because without that fear, they can't keep control of us.

When it felt like my whole world was falling apart and I had nowhere to turn, cause even my family was turing their backs on me if I rejected what Johnson said. The people I turned to were not people who left quietly and kept to themselves, but the ones who had spoke out boldly and challenged the so-called leaders on the things they had said and done.

Either way, there's room for each person to help another, no matter which way they choose to approach it. I guess I just wanted to let people know that there is no shame in telling your story and letting everyone know who you are. Most of all there's absolutley nothing they can do to you that they haven't already done...and you're still standing! They are powerless!!! God doesn't suppport them and not you. God doesn't take sides, there's only 1 side, it's his side and anyone can be on it, SCC or not.

Tracie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  inthelight on 19/03/10, 02:34 pm

Can you imagine if they were given the 'authority' to burn people at the stake? Throughout history the 'true church' has always been persecuted by the 'church'. Twisted Evil

inthelight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharrod on 20/05/10, 07:36 am

Things that make you go, Hmmm. It took me about 3 seconds to decide to use my real name. Hopefully people will think it's, another Sharrod who attended scc for 15 yrs, and still has family there. I'm only being humorous. Emmigration, you said that maybe people don't use their real names for fear of losing contact with friends and family who may still be there. My experience has been that, you don't really have friends that attend there, unless you attend there, and submit to the leadership. There is no such thing as friendship there. There is always a string attached. In fact your family, is not your family, while they are at scc, because they are programmed to believe that the church family is all that's real!! Let's face it, if you have a problem with the self proclaimed gate keeper, you have a problem with the whole congregation. Keith makes sure of that. It's funny that people who are close to him, don't pick up that he is not this powerful man of God. I have tried on 2 occasions to meet with him, and rectify our differences, yet he won't even return the call! Randy calls me instead. Coward comes to mind. They will say he is too busy doing the Lord's work and all, but anyone who has to delegate as much as he does, is no leader, and not a powerful one! That's for certain.

Tracie, congrats on moving on with your life! God has great plans for our families, we can't lose sight of that. 'Without faith, it is impossible to please Him', I read that somewhere once. It also says, 'He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him'. It is sooo sad, how many, have gotten deceived by these false, religious teachers and have equated scc's god, as the One True God. Peace out!!

Sharrod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I think you are my daughter

Post  Dad on 01/11/10, 12:57 am

Tracie we all can learn from negative experiences. Just from your story you must be my Tracie. Its all cool I dont share all you conclusions but You know me. I have a secret place where I talk to God. I am not really sure if the SCC is really as evil as all seem to portray here but somehow we all got to move on like you did. I dont buy everything that comes down the pipe no matter who is sending it. I get a lot out of church but you know me my heart is centered around relationships and My relationship with Jesus is sweet. Your relationship with the Lord doesnt have to suffer when you finally find out that well meaning people can get of track . Nothing can replace hearing from God for yourself. I am going to stay in my church as long as I believe the Lord wants me to. I am getting a lot from it. Maybe that perfect body of believer or close to is out there I would love to throw in with them. I may be biased but you are exceptional and the world needs you and you need a loving church as I do also. Sorry for raising you in the "cult"
Embarassed Dad

Dad

Back to top Go down

Ouch!!!

Post  CherylB on 10/11/10, 05:46 pm

If no one else will respond to 'dads' comment I sure will. You are entitled to your feelings and opinions as we all are. You have no idea what I went through and I don't portray SCC as evil, I have no one to blame but myself for those 15 years and no it wasn't all bad but it sure wasn't the best time of my life either. All the same I know what I went through and nothing can negate that.

As to your comment "sorry for raising you in the "cult" - all I can say is ouch!!

CherylB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 02:47 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top