Hmmm.... lots of interesting topics here

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hmmm.... lots of interesting topics here

Post  2 on 26/01/11, 12:11 pm

I was a CCA K-12 lifer.. My family and I had been attending the so-called church since I was 4 years old. I have to say I really had no complaints about the doctrine or treatment of the Pastore J or elders ect. until I hit High School.
I'm not going to go into too much detail because unfortunately I still have family at the church. Most of my complaints are about the school, but since its a "church-school" I guess it applies..
I don't really know where to start..I could probably write a book at this point..
Dr. O was the WORST thing that ever happened to that school and church and the only thing I have against Pastor J at this point is not listening to me when I tried to tell him what was going on.
From the excess office trips (about 3 times a week I was in the office), to the "biblical spanking" of high school students, to having Pastore and Dr. O tell my parents that "they know what best" and having complete and udder disregard and going above what my parents said.
There was also an incident I witnessed when a fellow student was in the hospital and Dr. O came in and made a HUGE scene and the student had Dr. O banned from the hospital, in which Dr. O later spanked this student and another student that was present because of their "disrespect" to him. I was there and saw the whole thing go down and when asked by Pastor J what happened I was told I was lying and suspended for 3 days. I was told never to mention anything about the incident and if I did I would be expelled.
There was also another time when my parents refused to let me play on the sports team that year because I was getting an outside tutor and wouldn't have time. My parents were told they were disobeying god and that god told Dr. O that I had to play....
Looking back could you imagine if the Star Pheonix would have gotten a hold of some of the stuff that went on...headline reads "Director of school spanks high school boys and girls".
Not only is what he did was not biblical..(tell me where in the bible does it say let whomever the hell you want spank your kids..) ITS ILLEGAL...

Aside from the school stuff..my parents were "counselled" by Dr. O and his wife..
Um if you want to call putting my dad up against a wall in the foyer of the church might I add "counselling"??? Then all the power to you...(My sister and I both witnessed this.)

I see a lot of complaints about Pastor J and although I have to agree with some of it, the whole "blame" cannot be placed just on him. I've heard cop put responses from people... "oh they were just doing what Pastor said.." That's a load of BS. Everyone has a choice..and at 17, 2 weeks after graduating the so called "Academy", I made a choice I left.
I still remember the day I left. I left quietly. It was a Sunday morning service and Pastor J was going on about how great Bush is and the war in Afghanistan. He then proceeded to imply that everyone in the middle east were terrorist... at that point a light bulb went off in my head. It sounds stupid but at that point I realized that this is the most ignorant man that I have heard speak...are we here at church on Sunday morning to hear your opinion on politics? NO. Did someone ask you what you thought? UM NO. I got up left the service and have never been back since.

Back to top Go down

Re: Hmmm.... lots of interesting topics here

Post  MediaPass on 31/01/11, 07:48 pm

I'm still blown away every time I hear the stories...thanks for posting. It's a shame more of these tales don't get to the mainstream.

MediaPass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  2 on 27/04/11, 03:09 pm

A friend of mine did contact the Star Pheonix to try and get some media attention in 2004. I was contacted by someone from the Star Pheonix who said they stopped taking the calls seriously when people called reguarding Christian Centre because people would initially call with a "story" and then when someone tried to get more info the person would never call them back....(seemed to be scared off).

Not that the SP is such a wonderful media outlet, but they have run a story or two reguarding Keith..none of which were positive.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 02:42 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top